Optimization is Stuck
When you optimize images manually or automatically (via Media Library or Bulk optimization), there are times that “Optimizing” gets stuck and keeps on running or reports errors (Unknown error, Out of quota, server related errors etc.).
What you can do to avoid us to access the system, is to activate this helper plugin and check its Info page. You can send us the screenshot of that page, especially the fields that have a red background (meaning it could be a potential cause of the problem).
The most common issues:
– cURL version is lower than v7.34
– self-requests (wp-cron, admin-ajax, wp-post) are blocked by firewall or timing out for some reason
– (these will not have a red background): memory limit and/or timeout values are low. It would be ideal to set memory to 256M and timeout to 60s (value 600) at least and test. You can do it by adding the following lines of code in wp-config.php:
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
– Imagick (package responsible for image resizing) is failing. It will not be in red background as well, but you could test it by deactivating image resize feature and activating this helper plugin.
Other things you can do from your end is:
– skip all thumbnails from optimization (in Imagify settings)
– turn off WebP creation
– turn off Resize feature
And try again. If nothing helps, it would be ideal to create a ticket and send us WP Admin and SFTP access (not mandatory but could be useful) so we could investigate it. You can use Dropbox or some other free service to send link to your screenshots.
Your feedback has been sent to our team We value every bit of feedback we receive as it helps us to improve our products and services. Thank you for your time.