Imagify in general
- Is registration free?
- Yes and no credit card is required.
- What is the quota of the free account?
- Free accounts have 25MB per month, and a special bonus of 25MB upon registration.
- What kind of payments do you accept?
- You can purchase Imagify with any type of credit through Stripe or pay via Paypal, your choice!
- Is it possible to upgrade or downgrade my subscription?
- Yes, you can change to a higher or lower level at any time, with a pro-rated payment. When you change subscription the new quota applies immediately.
- What will happen if I exceed my quota?
- With a free account, once your quota reached ,you cannot optimize new images until its renewal. With a paid account, you will be charged according to additional GB pricing of your subscription.
- Is it possible to unsubscribe?
- Yes of course at anytime. Shoot us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of it for you.
- Is it possible to use my subscription on more than one website?
- Yes, you can use Imagify on more than one website easily with our sub-account feature. This feature is free and available in your Imagify account. You can create a sub-account for each website and assign a portion of your Imagify credit to it. A dedicated API key will be generated for each website. This feature is only available to users that have a paid subscription.
- Which formats can be optimized?
- Imagify can optimize jpgs, pngs and gifs (whether animated or not).
- How many websites can I optimize with Imagify?
- You can use Imagify on as many websites as you wish. Your quota will be shared evenly across all of the websites. If you need more control over how your Imagify subscription is used, you should create sub-accounts to allocate a quota for each.
- How long are images stored by Imagify?
- Images sent via the API or plugins are stored for one hour. Using the online application, images are stored for 24 hours (with a free account) and for unlimited time if you have a paid subscription.
- What is the difference between the Normal, Aggressive and Ultra optimization levels?
- Normal compression is a "lossless" optimization. This means there is no loss of image quality. Aggressive and Ultra compression are more powerful, so the picture quality will be somewhat reduced. The weight of the image will be much less.
- How does the optimization process work?
- The image optimization process is performed on our servers. Once done, Imagify returns the optimized image to your server.
- Is the EXIF data of images removed?
- By default EXIF data is removed. It is however possible to keep it by enabling the option.
- Which CMS add-ons are available?
- At this time, Imagify is available for WordPress.
- Does the API use HTTPS?
- Yes, the API is fully secure using HTTPS.
- If I use Imagify, do I need to continue optimizing and resizing my images with Photoshop?
- Do not waste your time resizing and optimizing your images in Photoshop. Imagify takes care of everything!
- How do I create an Imagify account?
- Creating an Imagify account is free. You can do so here. This way, you will be able to use the WordPress plugin, download the optimized images from our free image optimizer and subscribe to our service.
- What are Imagify sub-accounts?
- Imagify sub-accounts are a free service that gives you more flexibility with your Imagify plan. You can share your subscription across multiple website by allocating a specific amount of your credit to a specific website. Sub-accounts are available for pro customers. At the moment, free accounts cannot have sub-accounts.
- How do I add Imagify sub-accounts?
- To create a sub-account, you must log into your Imagify account. Go to the “Account” section where you will be able to add your new sub-account. You must provide an email address and an image optimization allowance for each sub-account.
- Is there a limit for sub-accounts?
- You can create as many sub-accounts as you need. The only thing you must keep in mind is that you cannot allocate more Imagify credit than your purchased.
- Can I use the sub-account feature with the API?
- Yes you can! For more information, please refer to our API documentation.
- Can I use the plugin with a free account?
- Absolutely. You are limited to a quota of 25MB of images per month with a free account. Once this quota is reached, you cannot optimize new images until your quota is renewed or you purchase credits.
- On how many websites can I use the plugin?
- You can use the plugin on as many sites as you wish. The only limit is the optimization quota of your account.
- I used Kraken, Optimus, EWWW or WP Smush, will Imagify further optimize my images?
- Absolutely. Most of the time, Imagify will still be able to optimize your images even if you have already compressed them with another tool.
- Will the original images be deleted?
- No. Imagify automatically replaces the images with an optimized image. The backup option allows you to keep the original images and restore them with one click.
- Is it possible to re-optimize images with a different level?
- Yes. By activating the backup option in the plugin, you can re-optimize each image with a different compression level.
- What happens when the plugin is disabled?
- When the plugin is disabled, your existing images remain optimized. Backups of the original images are still available if you have enabled the images backup option.
- On which web hosts can the plugin be used?
- The plugin can be used on all hosts including "managed hosting" providers like WP Engine.
- Is Imagify compatible with Multi-Site?
- Yes, Imagify is 100% compatible with multi-site.
- Can we use Imagify on WordPress.com?
- No, it's not possible to use plugins on WordPress.com, only on self-hosted WordPress sites.
- Is there any specific documentation for the API?
- Yes, you will find it at this address :